Water Calming™ Certification allows individuals to experience the significance of the Water Calming™ process and creates earning potential for participants. There are three distinctions through certification based on a participant's determined progression:
1) Water Calming™ Certified Ambassador
Participants must attend the initial cohort event either in person or online. This consists of guided training with a Master Practitioner or Certified Practitioner.
Upon completion, Ambassadors earn 10% of registration fees ($100) from a new participant payment that stems from their referral. Please see the "Cohort Dates & Registration" page for more details.
2) Water Calming™ Certified Practitioner
Following cohort attendance, participants must complete the practicum by working with an individual/client through the Water Calming™ modality in its entirety. Participants receive support and feedback through this process via live online group sessions with a Master Practitioner.
Certified Practitioners have distinct learning objectives as listed below:
- Assess sensory information that is provided by the natural environment.
- Compare patterns found through the senses and the effects that they have on the nervous system.
- Assess thoughts and feelings that enable greater levels of awareness.
- Identify actions one must take and qualities of one's self when working toward internal emotional balance.
- Create artistic expression that helps support emotional communication.
- Design metaphorical art, in relation to water, that helps promote the discovery of meaning in one's life.
- Identify that humans are a part of the earth and natural ecosystems.
- Write various forms of expression that acknowledge how resilience can be cultivated over the course of a lifetime.
- Identify feelings of connection that may manifest through the process of Water Calming™.
- Identify feelings of relaxation that may be noticed through the process of Water Calming™.
- Design materials for working with individuals/clients.
- Prepare for dialogue with the participants in order to ensure comfortability.
- Identify main points of emphasis to work through with individuals in the Water Calming™ process.
- Assess ongoing thoughts and feelings in the context of creative and focused exercises.
- Explain to the participant/client the symbolic importance of water in relation to internal processes.
- Describe the stages of Water Calming™ and the perceptual phases that hold the majority of the exercises.
- Discuss ongoing needs of participants/clients through the cyclical process of Water Calming™.
- Identify Place Attachment and its relation to human affect through experience.
- Describe Fractal Dimension and its significance to nervous system reactions in various environments.
- Utilize Introspection in a healthy way that balances between creative and focused activities.
- Identify Attention Restoration that occurs through exposure to natural environments.
- Discuss the theme of Impermanence that derives from acknowledging the natural cycle of water and life.
- Explain Ecocentrism and its importance in working toward environmental conservation.
- Describe Motivation, including aspects of hope theory, dopamine, and frisson.
- Discuss Pleasure, including endorphins, enkephalins, and endocannabinoids.
- Explain the theme of Nature Connectedness, including facets of spirituality and oxytocin.
- Discuss the theme of Stress Recovery, including elements of serotonin and GABA.
Upon completion, Practitioners earn 15% of registration fees ($150) from a new participant payment that stems from their referral. Practitioners can also generate income through cohort teaching opportunities. Please see the "Practicum" page for more details.
3) Water Calming™ Certified Master Practitioner
Participants must attend a cohort, either in person or online, and teach the majority of the ten scientific themes of Water Calming as well as complete the practicum by working with an individual/client through the Water Calming™ modality in its entirety. Participants receive support and feedback through this process via live online group sessions with a Master Practitioner.
Upon completion, Master Practitioners earn 20% of registration fees ($200) from a new participant payment that stems from their referral. Master Practitioners can also generate income through cohort teaching and guidance training opportunities. Please see the "Further Education" page for more details.